The PhD application process for Chinese Universities is much different from bachelor’s or master’s degrees. For PhD, it is usually necessary to find a supervisor. If you’re applying outside China, this can be tedious. In this article, we are going to walk you through the PhD application process, how to look for a supervisor and how to contact them.
PhD Application process for Chinese Universities
1. Find a PhD program and apply here.
2. Submit the required documents and pay the application fee here.
3. You will need to have a good research proposal as well. Scroll down to see our video on the topic.
4. Send us a message and we will help you find three suitable supervisors for your research proposal. (Make sure to not rush this process, applying early is important to give yourself time to find a good supervisor!)
5. Send a request for a supervision letter to your preferred supervisors. (We have a letter template that you can follow below.) Please personalize the letter and make it unique to you. Before submitting, you can send it to us and we can help you check and review it.
6. If the supervisor approves your request, you will receive a confirmation letter or email. Please forward to us. You can then proceed with your application.
For more information about the PhD Application process for Chinese Universities, you can read more here.
How To Contact A PhD Supervisor In China
If you want to avoid the hassle of looking for a supervisor, we have a PhD application service that you can use. Aside from helping you find a supervisor, we also provide you with extra assistance to increase your chances of getting accepted into your program. When you use our PhD application service, we will help you:
- Obtain a list of potential supervisors;
- Professionally contact your preferred supervisors so your request stands out from others and;
- Send your admission documents via express delivery.
Our PhD application service comes at an affordable fee. As a bonus, we will also provide free initial consultation and advice on your options. Read more about this service here.
Here is an article with advice about how to look for a good supervisor.
Sample Letter Template
Dear Professor/Dr. (Surname),
My name is (write your name) and I have completed (your degree title) from (university name). I am from (country of origin) and applying to study PhD in China.
I have gone through your profile and found that your research areas are well-matched to my interests. In this regard, I wish to ask for your kind supervision and guidance as my supervisor. Attached is a copy of my research proposal and what I would like to study (topic of interest). This is a draft and I am quite flexible with corrections.
I have also attached a copy of my CV, application form, and my background to this email for your review. I am applying through China Admissions and they have advised me on the program and studying at your university.
I hope that you would be interested in being a supervisor for my research. I would be more than grateful and privileged to benefit from your wide experience and expertise as your PhD supervisee.
I look forward to hearing from you.
How to prepare your research proposal?
Study PhD In China
Chinese Universities are now accepting applications for their PhD program. Apply as early as now!
- Every Chengyu You Need to Know in HSK 6 (List of 111 成语） - November 22, 2023
- List of Best Books about China and Learning Chinese - November 21, 2023
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Scholarships in China - November 20, 2023